Wednesday, April 28, 2010

researching 2

I was super inspired by Julianne Moore's decorating style in this issue of Domino.

By mixing expensive with the inexpensive she actually pulls off a really lux look.

I especially love those yellow curtains and the hazy grey-lilac colours

I also love the lines of that sofa. She found it at Crate and Barrel which we don't have in Edmonton (it's in Toronto which figures, they ARE the only good city in Canada, apparently *eye roll*...oh wait...what the deuce?! Calgary, too? You bastards!) eh hem. Nevertheless, I'm still inspired by it's classic, tailored lines (And by every other friggin' sofa on their website. Nerds.)


She also put carpet tiles in the kitchen! I'm interested in that (if only for an area rug that'll stay put) and I love how she used a skinny bookcase as an extra storage and display area. I have that exact bookcase right now (only it's brown). I also know exactly where in the kitchen I could put it if I were to use it there.
 
***
In other news, it's been raining all day today. It's so nice, I hope it rains all weekend. I'm definitely a rainy-day gal. Rain makes it feels so right to sit under a blanket and watch movies all day. Unfortunately, I developed a sore throat overnight. I don't know if it's the start of a cold or what, but I'm going to pretend like it is and start taking homeopathic medicine just in case. I swear by this brand, and I use it for everything not just the flu. Forget that stupid Cold FX. That doesn't work at all. Get this instead. The rain also made me nostalgic for comfort food, so I made a lasagna for supper. I strayed from my usual, family tried and true recipe (my mom's famous for her lasagna) and used a mixture of  ricotta, cheese, and spinach instead of bechamel or cottage cheese. Should be interesting (and by interesting, I hope delicious)!

Also, Happy Birthday Mom! You're like a fine wine, you only get better with age! haha Corn-nay! I love you!

No comments: