Monday, March 21, 2011

wish list 2011

do you have to pick out your own birthday gifts, too?

{macarons} I would definitely love them in edible form (of course!), but I also feel like it's the right time to get a book, too. I'm still so obsessed with them and even if it meant not making another batch, these books would make great coffee table fodder. I'm kinda leaning towards Pierre Herme Macaron, I Love Macarons, Macarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes, and Mad About Macarons.

{picnik subscription} Since we've all determined photoshop is too much money, I'll probably never own it (unless, by some miracle, I go pro). So I've gotten super good at using this site for everything photo related (show me something Doodle can't fix). I don't use as many of the fancy photo processing gimicks as I used to, but I would really like to be able to work with more than five images at a time.


{ceramic cat measuring cups} I can't find them on the Urban Outfitter's website, but they're there. I kind of want them as a cute (and useful) homage to my lovely cat, Lucky.

{marie claire} I've decided I like this magazine. It actually talks to my age while still managing not to fill every page with children and recipes.

{amelie} I swear I ask for this movie every year. It's getting as bad as the time before I had the Pee Wee's Playhouse collection.

{vanilla layer cake with vanilla frosting} Don't worry, I'm totally busting this out for myself. I'm thinking about something kinda like this. (Duh! You'll see the pictures when it's done.)


{some kind of cool watch} I really love the simplicity of this red MUJI bangle watch and the fact that it looks like a bracelet but still has functionality. I also love this similar cling wrap watch for its addition of bracelet like chains. And, on the other hand, I kinda feel like I could also make something with a similar feel to it, so I'm really oddly torn up about it.

{camera lens adapter} I've done a lot of research on this subject and all I got was a lot of varying degrees of advice. I know there's an adapter out there and I'm pretty determined NOT to buy more lenses when I already have two that would be really helpful -- lenses are expensive! So I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and ask a professional.

{super mario 25th anniversary edition} It's no secret I love me some Mario. Even though this is apparently a reissue of an allstar edition they did in '93, I've only ever played one of the games with any frequency. So playing these classic games with cuter graphics and sounds is totally new and awesome for me (Mario lost levels? I've been missing out!). And no; I'm still not going to get rid of my NES.

2 comments:

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

yes, i do have to make a very specific birthday list, and even draw the items sometimes otherwise i know my husband won't get them!

i've been wanting a neat watch lately, too. i love the gold ones people are wearing right now, especially the dainty vintage looking watches.

GALaxy said...

haha! I like that you have to draw items, too. That's what's so great about the internet and links! My gifts never come gift-wrapped and I'm usually there during the buying process! I would really like a surprise one day.

I have a watch from my gram that fits the dainty and gold critera, but it's not vintage. It's pretty newish with one of those stretchy bands. I would love to find a vintage one, too, but as usual, it's one of those things where I'll only know it when I see it, so I can't be specific about it at all. Watches have always been a tough find for me.