Friday, May 13, 2011

DIY project: pop-up flower card


I stumbled this neat video and I couldn't get it out of my mind. Send this cutesy card to anyone. For any reason. They'll be happy. I promise.

start with a sheet of printer paper

fold in half


take one of the halves

and fold it in half

fold it in half again

fold a triangle at the corner on both sides








do this six more times

Marked petal 1 and 2 get stacked on the first and last petals of the base flower. 3 gets stacked on top of all of those. Then petals 4 and 5 are stacked similarly to the first bunch on top of 3. 6 goes on top of everything to finish
(this part's a little tricky, so refer to the video if you need visual help)

hopefully, you'll end up with something that looks like this

grab another sheet of paper for the card portion



make sure your glue has dried before trying to open it!

{the ever expanding DIY list is here}

2 comments:

Laeli said...

That is gorgeous! And wouldn't it smart to have a few on hand. I'm going to add this to my list of projects,thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love it! thank you