Wednesday, February 29, 2012

for the love of marshmallows

I don't know what it is about marshmallows, but I could take pictures of them all day long.








shoot. I dropped one.

Here's my favourite marshmallow recipe.

Instead of vanilla extract, try something different like mint or cinnamon.

Here're some ideas on what to do with your marshmallows:

stand's toasted marshmallow milkshake (this is pretty good, though more vanilla tasting than marshmallow -- but it gives you another excuse to toast them cuz homemade marshmallows toasted? I can't even describe it)
cut up into cookies or brownies
rice krispie squares
float them in hot chocolate or tea (I made them to try the tea idea, but I didn't like it). I also find that homemade marshmallows don't melt as quickly as store-bought. fyi
s'mores
dip 'em in chocolate
cut 'em up small and roll them into a nutella filled crepe or with chocolate chips in a pancake
or just eat 'em out of the bag cuz once you've had homemade marshmallows it'll make it hard to buy them ever again.

Extra credit: I've gotta be completely nuts in the head to want to make my own crispy cereal marshmallows, but I do.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful shots of the marshmallows! I adore homemade marshmallows in hot chocolate

GALaxy said...

They're so good! Since making my own, I haven't been able to bring myself to buy them (even when I'm feeling lazy).